I love baking and my family definitely benefits from the baking except for my sister. She’s gluten free so most of the time, she’s not able to eat what I bake. I finally decided to relieve her of the torment of smelling baked goods in the house and not being able to enjoy them so I made flourless peanut butter cookies, adapted from Martha Stewart recipes
These cookies are super easy to make and don’t even require a mixer of any kind. Just grab a spatula and a big bowl and you’re ready to go!
1 cup peanut butter (you can experiment, with creamy, crunchy, almond or soy butter but adjust the other ingredients accordingly, if you are using crunchy peanut butter you might want to include less peanuts)
1 large lightly beaten egg
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 roasted salted peanuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees celsius
2. Mix together the sugar, peanut butter, egg, salt and baking soda in a mixing bowl. Make sure everything is combined.
3. Add in the peanuts and chocolate chips
4. Make sure everything is well combined, the batter should clump together very well.
5. Separate the dough into 1 tablespoon and place them on the baking sheet
6. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and then wait for it to cool, flip it and bake for another 5 minutes.
The cookies seemed a bit under cooked on the bottom when they weren’t flipped and baked again but it’s very hard to flip them when you first take them out of the oven because they are so soft.
This is a great base recipe for a flour less cookie, you can switch out the ingredients as you like, you might want to try different kinds of nuts, dried fruit or even toffee bits! It’s really up to you what kind of cookie you would like! This recipe makes about 20 cookies, you might want to double the recipe, they were pretty popular and didn’t last too long!